Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Day in My Life

   As part of a household of eleven (something some people can't even imagine), my day is a little different from most 15 year olds. Here's what a typical school-day  should look like.

7:00 A.M.~  The alarm goes off.I brace myself and get out of bed.I open the blinds and turn on the light. Then I climb back into bed and begin my quiet-time.

7;30-40 A.M.~  I end my quiet-time with prayer. Depending on the day I either make breakfast or spend this time reading or writing after chores are done (and sometimes before as well).

8:30 A.M.~  Breakfast time; again, depending on the day, I'm either getting it on the table or waiting for it.

9:30 A.M.~  Time for family devotions. By now, hopefully, breakfast has been cleaned up, and the dining room's been swept.

10:00 ish A.M.~  School begins about now.

12:30 P.M.~  Lunch. Depending on the day, I may clean up as well.

1:00 P.M.~  At this time, I finish any schoolwork not completed.Afterward,it's free-time! I might post something on my blog (like now), read, write, and possibly get on the Wii or computer.

5:30 P.M.~  Help with dinner prep.

6:00 -7:00 P.M.~  Supper with my family. Next comes clean up, and everyone pitches in to help get it done.

8:00 P.M.~  Family prayers. Dad reads from Jesus Calling, and we say our memory verses.Carter on down goes to bed. The rest of us read, talk, and/or play games.

9:00 P.M.~  My bedtime unless we're doing something.

Note: This is what an ideal day,but it rarely actually happens. Each day holds an untold numbers of surprises, but this is our guideline. Changes are part of life in a family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment