Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Arwen's Flight to the Ford Hairstyle

 
   

   So this post is for my friend Maggie of Blue Eyed Magi. She is really sweet, a fellow Tolkien fanatic, and sixteen today. This one is your birthday present, Faye! Hope you enjoy it.


   I know I recently posted another Arwen style, but I had to do this one. (I've also done a Galadriel style and a Legolas style.) Plus, Maggie requested it. Even though Arwen isn't at the ford in the book, we both love this style! Though I could seriously get onto Peter Jackson for changing the story. (Nobody messes with my Tolkien!)


Arwen's Flight to the Ford Hairstyle

1- Brush hair and make a middle part.
2- Pick up the hair on the right side of your part. You should have a small medium size section.
3- Smoothly pull the section towards the back of your head and divide it in two.
4- Take a small piece the right half and cross it over to the left half.
5- Take a small piece from the left half and cross it over to the right half. You are now fishtail braiding.
6- Repeat steps 4&5 until you run out of hair. Be sure to braid tightly, and secure it with a small ponytail holder.
7- Repeat steps 2-6 on the left side of the part. You now have two fishtail braids.
8- Pick up the loose hair between (and maybe under?) the two braids and divide it in half.
9- Repeat steps 4-6 on this section. Secure it with a small ponytail holder.

  And that's it. Enjoy the hairstyle. If it seems like it would take too long, just use regular braids instead of fishtail braids. Have fun and don't stress it. Also, what do y'all think is the worst change Mr. Jackson made in the movies?

Find my new blog here.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! That was so sweet of you! I had no idea that you were going to do this just for me (: You can be sure I'll try it out very soon. Awesome pictures of Arwen, by the way! Today is turning out to be a truly sweet sixteen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Love you and glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. (: You're so sweet! I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. And I'm going to be making an Arwen dress as one of my presents!!! I'll send you a picture soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way to do this without a middle-part?? I have a cowlick that messes mine up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look what I just made!! Maybe you can perfect it. https://blueeyedmagi.wordpress.com/2016/06/03/princess-leias-cloud-city-hairstyle-super-easy-5-minute-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete
  5. His worst change was leaving out good ol' Tom Bombadil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was one of the sweetest presents I ever received. <3 I can't believe that was almost three years ago...

    ReplyDelete