Thursday, June 11, 2015

5 Things I Hate in Books

   I love books, don't get me wrong, but there are some things I hate in books. here's my top 5; what's yours?

1. When there should be a sequel, but there isn't. Those books that are soooo good, you just want more. But the author didn't write one. Always a bummer. 

2. Unresolved plots A sign of bad writing or to interest readers in the next book, either way, I'm not a fan of it.

3. When something ruins the book You know what I mean. It's a really good book, but the author goes and puts a word or scene in it and completely messes everything up. (Luckily, the books I read are generally proof read so I don't run into this very often.)

4. When my favorite character dies Seriously! That is the worse. Why do authors do that to us?

5. When there's nothing original Stories are entertainment, and entertainment requires the surprise of originality. Stories are pointless without it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with these. There's also an opposite problem to 1. When there IS a sequel to a book you love and you're really excited about it, and then it turns out it stinks. :P

    ReplyDelete