The Waterfall braid is stunning. It's as simple as that, and it's the perfect way to start my newest hairstyle series!
Y'all know the best part about it though? It's just a French braid with an extra step. How neat is that?
The Waterfall Braid
- Brush hair and make a deep part.
- Pick up a medium to large section at the front of the hair-heavy side.
- Divide the sections into three equal pieces.
- Cross the top piece over the middle. This gives you new top and middle pieces.
- Cross the bottom piece over the new middle piece. This gives you new bottom and middle pieces.
- Divide the new bottom piece in half. Drop the front half. You now have a smaller bottom piece.
- Add some loose hair to the top piece and then cross the now bigger top piece over the middle piece. This gives you new middle and top pieces.
- Add some loose hair to the smaller bottom piece and then cross the now bigger bottom piece over the middle piece. This gives you new bottom and middle pieces.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until you reach the other side of the head. Then stop adding hair.
- Finish with a regular braid by repeating steps 4&5 down the length, OR ponytail at the top.