Thursday, April 16, 2015

Leia's Endor Headband Braid or the Dutch Headband Braid

   

Yeah, it was only a matter of time before I did a movie braid. (Y'all were probably expecting a Lord of the Rings or Hobbit one, though. Don't worry; they'll come soon enough.) Since I got my hair cut at the beginning of this month, I've been finding that some of my braids don't work anymore. Losing at least four inches does that. I was pleased to find this one still does. At the time the picture were taken my hair was as long as Leia's is in Episode Six. It's also one of a few with my glasses. 





Leia's Endor Headband Braid
or
the Dutch Headband Braid

Instructions:


  1. Use your 1st & 2nd fingers to section off all the hair above ear of choice. (I start at my left, with a heavy side part so that the part-line is on the right.)
  2. Divide the hair into 3 equal pieces and begin Dutch braiding upward. If you don't know how, it's basically a regular, but instead of going over the middle, you go under it.
  3. Cross the piece closest to your face under the middle.You now have new front and middle pieces.
  4. Cross the piece farthest from your face under your new middle piece. You now have new middle and back pieces.
  5. Add some hair to the front piece and cross it under the middle piece. Remember, you're braiding upward!
  6. Repeat step 4,then repeat 5. Continue doing this until the braid goes all the way across your head. Use your fingers to work out any bumps when they come up before continuing to braid.
  7. Once the braid is all the way across, finish with a braid by just repeating steps 3&4 'til done, then go back and tug on the beginning of the braid. If the braid is long enough you can pin it so it forms a complete circle. If not, just secure with a small ponytail and let it hang. 


If you need help, leave a comment, and I'll try to help you out. Happy Hairstyling!

RhoXie

No comments:

Post a Comment