Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Elevator Pitch

Image result for Elevator Pitch memes
Via Google

I'm going to my first ever writers' conference at the end of the month. Am I excited? Of course! Am I nervous? As all get-out!
   Anyway, a friend pointed out that I need a one sentence summary and a one paragraph summary of my WIP, The Kingdom of Fire and Ice. Or as they're sometimes known, an Elevator Pitch. So here goes.

One Sentence Summary:
A runaway princess and a guilt-ridden man seek out a fantasy kingdom.

One Paragraph Summary:
Ciara is desperate to win her freedom by retrieving the Stone of Fire and Ice, but the Stones aren't supposed to exist. Aleksander has agreed to help Ciara for the sake of his missing sister. Together they find healing as they work to reach the Stones' homeland, the Kingdom of Fire and Ice.

Okay that wasn't too bad. Now I just need to memorize them.
RhoXie 

2 comments:

  1. Elevator Pitches are also known as loglines. I read a book about them once. How about this one for The Kingdom of Fire and Ice?

    A runaway princess must search out magical stones from a mythical kingdom to secure her freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It leaves out Aleksander, though.

    ReplyDelete